Candyman is an upcoming American supernatural cut film . Candy Man directed by Nia DaCosta. Candyman written by Jordan Peele and Win Rosenfeld and DaCosta. Candy Man direct sequel to the 1992 film of the same name and the fourth film in the Candyman franchise, based on the short story “The Forbidden” by Clive Barker.
The Candy Man movie stars Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Teyonah Parris, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett and Colman Domingo with Tony Todd and Vanessa Estelle Williams reprising their roles from the original movie. Candyman will be released in the United States on June 12, 2020 by Universal Pictures.
Synopsis Of Candy Man
A desperate artist named Anthony McCoy discovered the story of the Candyman, which he initially used as inspiration for his paintings, but began to lose his sanity and unleash a wave of violence, death and misery that led him to face his destiny.
0:14 / 2:31
Candy Man – Official Trailer
Cast Of Candy Man
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Anthony McCoy and a visual artist who lived in the defunct Cabrini Green Housing Projects as a baby who was known to be haunted by an alleged urban myth called Candyman more than twenty-eight years ago. Candyman kidnapped him and almost killed him, but Helen Lyle saved him.
- Abdul-Mateen II also portrayed a mind-boggling reflection of McCoy as the Candyman.
- Teyonah Parris as Brianna Cartwright, Anthony’s girlfriend who was an art gallery manager.
- Hannah Love Jones as Young Brianna.
- who believed in the Candyman legend who shared his experience with
- Colman Domingo as William Burke, a Cabrini Green veteran who told Anthony about the Candyman legend.
- Tony Todd as Daniel Robitaille / Candyman, a vengeful spirit who killed anyone who summoned his spirit by saying his name five times while facing a mirror and openly denying its existence.
- Nathan Stewart-Jarrett as Troy Cartwright, Brianna’s brother.
- Vanessa Estelle Williams as Anne-Marie McCoy, the mother of Anthony for fear of the legend of Helen Lyle, who investigated the myth in the past.
- Rebecca Spence as Finley Stephens.
- Christiana Clark as Danielle Harrington.
- Cassie Kramer as Helen Lyle, the reincarnation of Candyman’s mistress Caroline Sullivan, who was able to defeat the Candyman after sacrificing herself to save Anthony as a baby years ago. She herself became a vengeful spirit who could also be summoned if one spoke her name five times in front of the mirror and openly denied her existence. The character was previously portrayed by Virginia Madsen.
- Brian King as Clive Privler.
- Kyle Kaminsky as Grady Smith.
- Carl Clemons-Hopkins as Jameson.
- Cedric Mays as Gil Cartwright.
- Nancy Pender as television newscaster.
- Pam Jones as Devlin Sharpe.
- Breanna Lind as Annika.
Production Of Candy Man
In September 2018, it was announced that Jordan Peele was in talks to produce a sequel to the 1992 film through his Monkeypaw Productions. In a 2018 interview with Nightmare.The film will serve as a “spiritual sequel,” taking place in the new gentrified Cabrini Green, where the old housing project development was once in Chicago. Filming was due to start in spring 2019.
In January 2019, it was reported that Lakeith Stanfield, of Atlanta FX fame and Sorry to Bother You, would possibly star in the film, but not as the main character, but as an earlier version of Anthony McCoy, now a visual artist who He takes an interest that the legend of the Candyman looks for, similar to the character of Helen Lyle played by Virginia Madsen. At the time, it was unknown who would star in the film and whether Todd or any previous cast would reprise their roles.Wouldn’t that make sense? But it’s Hollywood, so I won’t take it as something personal if for some reason it doesn’t work. ” He added: “If this new one succeeds, it will shed light on the original. I think the topic is more important than anyone. And I want to say that.
In February 2019, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II was in talks to play McCoy, wrongly reported as being in talks to portray the title character. In response to the news, Todd offered his blessings on Twitter, declaring: “Greetings to Candyman, a wonderful character I have lived with for 25 years. He has brought grace and glory and a beautiful ship full of friends and family, I am honored that the spirit of Daniel Robitaille and Cabrini Green rises again. Truth to power! Blessings for the cast and crew “However, it was finally announced that Todd would reprise his role.If Beale Street could speak, actress Teyonah Parris was chosen to play Anthony’s girlfriend, character from Abdul-Mateen II.
Candyman’s main photography began in early August 2019 Candyman’s main photography ended in September 2019 (25-27) in the Chicago area, with some filming in the North Park neighborhood during the month of September. The movie’s working title was revealed on some of the cast and crew’s social media pages like Say My Name, which was discreetly used in the revised scripts and Candyman production sets to keep things “flying under the radar. “
Release of Candy Man
Candyman will be released on June 12, 2020 by Universal Pictures.