Red is a 2002 dramatic action film in the Indian Tamil language directed by Singampuli and produced by S S Chakravarthy. The film stars Ajith Kumar and Priya Gill in the lead roles, while Manivannan, Salim Ghouse, and Raghuvaran played key roles. The background score and soundtrack for the film are composed by Deva. The film received mixed reviews from critics’ average and became a box office failure of the year.
Red Movie trailer
Plot Of Red
RED is an orphan who has grown to be the local gift in Madurai. He has a heart of gold, and when he doesn’t attack the bad guys, he spends his time forcing schools to accept students without donations and caring for orphans. Cheeni Salim Ghouse is her greatest enemy.The felim in love with Gayathri, of his friend and confidant Narayanan, and helps her without his knowledge. He likes it, but wants him to give up his life of violence.
Cast of Red
- Ajith Kumar as Red Aadhi
- Priya Gill as Gayathri
- Salim Ghouse as Cheeni
- Manivannan as Narayanan, Gayathri’s father
- Chat like Kaipulla
- Raghuvaran as Sethupathy, editor of Ananda Vikatan
- Rajan P. Dev as Sarathy
- Nizhalgal Ravi as Anand, Manimegala’s assistant
- Revathi as Janaki, lawyer
- Rajesh as Manimegalai, writer for Ananda Vikatan
- Anand as Radha Krishnan, Gayathri’s brother
- Thalaivasal Vijay as Ananda Vikatan Reporter
- Rajeev as Pacha muthu, police commissioner
- K. R. Vatsala as school principal
- VTV Ganesh as a district collector
- SCI Narasimhan as a school correspondent
- Ilavarasu as an automatic driver
- Mahanadi Shankar as Cheeni’s henchman
- Ganthimathi as Veeramma
- Vindhya as Mayakka, special appearance in the song “Dil Dil Italy
- Madhan Bob as Aaruchamy
- Periya Karuppu Thevar
- Aakash as Rahul
- Kattil “
- Soori as an uncredited thief
Soundtrack of Red
The soundtrack features six songs composed by Deva. The film’s soundtrack became a hit before release, and critics praised the songs in particular “Thai Madiyae”. All the letters written by Vairamuthu.
Production of Red
NIC Arts, the Red flime producers of Ajith Kumar’s previous films Vaali, Mugavaree, and Citizen and signed him to appear in a film titled Right directed by debutant Singampulia, an associate of Sundar C. Ajith had mentioned that if the film became a success, it would appear in a future film directed by Singampuli.
Release of Red
The red movie is Release in 14 January 2002 .